Everyone has there own opinions on discipline. What’s hard for the new mom is realizing when your baby is ready to start. You’ll probably make excuses like, “They’re not old enough to realize what they’re doing is wrong” or “ That’s just there way of doing it.” It’s hard when our little ones start squirming when they’re not supposed to or babbling loudly to get attention. If your not sure if this is inappropriate behavior or not, it probably is. Children catch on quickly to how they can manipulate their parents into getting what they want. Remember, it’s our job to make sure that they do realize what they’re doing is wrong. If you start disciplining the moment they start taking advantage, your child will know that you are in control and you will get in the habit of keeping discipline a part of your routine.
Don’t let anyone tell you how to discipline you child. You are responsible to God for the well being of your child. No one else is. If people think your being too tough, your probably doing your job. I actually had to tell someone that I appreciated their concern, but I was doing what I knew was best for my child. They needed to respect that or I would remove myself and my child from their presence. You need to be around people that will respect your discipline techniques. If your not, your child will get conflicting messages about how they should act. Even at a young age.
It’s important to discipline at an early age because it will get out of control later if you do not address it now. Everyone has a screaming 2 year old every now and then, but you need to be in control. If not, you’ll be seeing the Super Nanny when they’re older.
No comments:
Post a Comment