I just got finished taking Quay (my 2nd child who's 11mos.) off his bottle. It was so easy with Flint (my 1st child who was 14 mos when I took him off his bottle), I decided to do it earlier with Quay. He's sleeping through the night most of the time. I knew that if we switched him to the sippy cup, he would be more consistent with his sleeping. I picked our day to do the switch and put up all the bottles. Once you start, go ahead and finnish it. They will eventually go to the cup. Both the kids only took one day to transition. Flint actually only skipped one feeding and had the cup by the next feeding. I just used his formula in the cup. I had some of Flint's sippy cups that I tried to start Quay on. They had a longer spout which worked for Flint. (I would recommend getting 2 of several different kinds of cups. If there is one that they won't take, try another one until they go to one. Don't worry about the investment. They aren't that expensive and chances are when they get used to the sippy cups they'll start drinking out of any of them. Make sure you buy the non-drip.) Quay wouldn't use Flint's cups. Finally, around 5:00 that evening we switched to the Newbies cups. I think since Quay's getting his 1st tooth his gums were probably pretty sore. Jeff suggested we go to the softer lids. Newbies makes several different lids for there cups for easy transition. I tried the last step lid first and it worked. The way I see it is no since in going through 3 days of screaming to transition, when I can go through 1. So right now he is on the last step lid for the newbies cups. I think after he gets a couple teeth, I'll move to the regular sippy cups. At least he's on a cup and we're done with the bottles!
Let me know your sippy cup stories and questions. Please leave a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment